Welcome to Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast
We invite you to stay at our B&B in Carlisle, PA where guests experience genuine hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Our impressive 1802 brick farmhouse is nestled on ten beautiful acres in the heart of the Cumberland Valley. Relax on our quiet front porch or listen to the sounds of nature on our large brick patio. We invite you to explore our grounds and walk the perimeter path along the horse pasture or take a stroll to our pond – home to fish, frogs, migratory birds and waterfowl. Guests are welcome to visit our flower and vegetable gardens and even collect some eggs from our free-range chickens. Go for a trail run or hike! The Appalachian Trail is a short ½ mile walk from the front door!
Your innkeepers, Kit and Robin, and their friendly loving dog, Rehab, offer a warm welcome as you pull into the driveway. You’ll be invited to make yourself at home, and every effort is made to ensure your needs are accommodated and your visit is comfortable. Wake to a delicious and beautifully presented two-course served breakfast after a restful night in one of eight comfortable guest rooms.
- Innkeeper’s Corner:
- There are so many things to do in and around Carlisle. Here are just a few:
- It’s Car Show Season! Car enthusiasts and collectors flock to Carlisle Fairgrounds to attend some of the largest car and truck events in the world.
- Cumberland Valley Beer Trail: If you like beer, pick up a passport for the Beer Trail at the Cumberland County Visitor Center or any of the 15 participating microbreweries, restaurants and specialty shops in the Carlisle area.
- Biking:Nearly every day bicyclists pass by our B&B. Whether you’re a novice or expert, the Cumberland Valley offers a wide range cycling routes. Bring your bike, and ask about our bike package.
- Hiking:The Appalachian Trail is a 10 minute walk from our front door. After breakfast, grab your backpack and walk the most famous hiking trail in America!
- Area Farmers Markets: The Carlisle Farmers Market is held every Wednesday on the square in Carlisle. Shoppers have access to local organic produce, baked goods, hand crafted items and music!
- TCO Fly Shop and Outfitters: TCO, Boiling Springs, offers fly fishing classes, guide services and outdoor adventure gear. They offer one day and two day fly fishing classes. TCO Fly Shop is only 4 miles from the Inn and we offer 10% discounts to customers and students.
- WIne: During your next stay at Pheasant Field B&B, we invite you to check out Carlisle’s wine shop. Castlerigg Wine Shop features an exclusive selection of Pennsylvania’s finest wines Also check out their upcoming events . See their website for more information.
- Restaurants – Carlisle has great restaurants very close Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast that appeal to a broad range of tastes and budgets.
- B&B Items for Sale:
- Mugs: Did you enjoy your morning coffee or tea in one of our hand crafted mugs? Our Pheasant Field mugs are hand crafted by a local artisan, The Lion Potter. Mugs are available for $20, in a variety of colors: golden yellow, red, green, ‘scrambled eggs’ and midnight blue. They are beautiful and make a great gift!
- Remember the incredibly soft sheets at Pheasant Field? They’ve been described as the ‘creme brulee’ of sheets. It’s hard to forget their incredible softness. Available for sale in all sizes, you can experience the same luxurious feel each night on your bed! Ask us for pricing and details on Comphy Sheets!