Welcome to Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast
We invite you to stay at our B&B in Carlisle, PA where guests experience genuine hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Our impressive 1802 brick farmhouse is nestled on ten beautiful acres in the heart of the Cumberland Valley. Relax on our quiet front porch or listen to the sounds of nature on our large brick patio. We invite you to explore our grounds and walk the perimeter path along the horse pasture or take a stroll to our pond – home to fish, frogs, migratory birds and waterfowl. Guests are welcome to visit our flower and vegetable gardens and even collect some eggs from our free-range chickens. Go for a trail run or hike! The Appalachian Trail is a short ½ mile walk from the front door!
Your innkeepers, Kit and Robin, and their friendly loving dog, Rehab, offer a warm welcome as you pull into the driveway. You’ll be invited to make yourself at home, and every effort is made to ensure your needs are accommodated and your visit is comfortable. Wake to a delicious and beautifully presented two-course served breakfast after a restful night in one of eight comfortable guest rooms.
- Innkeeper’s Corner:
It’s official…The holidays are upon us! Like many Americans, we celebrated Thanksgiving with our family. We gave thanks for the many blessings in our life – particularly family, friends and YOU – our guests who make Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast a success. THANK YOU! We’re gearing up for the Holidays, and soon the B&B will be decorated for Christmas. Speaking of the holidays, the Carlisle area and Cumberland Valley offer lots of things that will inspire you and give that MERRY feeling! Why not arrange a pre-holiday getaway at Pheasant Field, and get ready for the holidays too? Here are just a few ideas:
- Carlisle Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting: The official start of the Holidays in Carlisle is December 2nd starting with a parade, tree lighting and Santa’s visit. But that’s not all. If you need a little help to get you ‘in the spirit’, the Christkindlesmart held on Carlisle Army Barracks should do the trick – food, drink and lots of gifts for anyone on your list. Plan getaway at Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast and experience local holiday events.
- Have a Holiday Tea!! After shopping in Carlisle, treat yourself to a special lunch while keeping in the holiday spirit. “A Dickens of a Tea” is a true holiday experience – at the historic Tea Parlor in Carlisle. It’s a delicious treat! Reservations are recommended.
- Gift Certificates: Purchase a Pheasant Field Gift Certificate this holiday season. Gift Certificates do not expire, and are personalized for the recipient. It’s a great holiday gift, and one that is very popular!
- For more Holiday Ideas in Carlisle: Check out the Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau website.
- Plan a Winter getaway: Even though it’s winter, there’s a lot to enjoy in and around Carlisle:
- RoundTop Mountain Resort: Ski RoundTop Mountain and enjoy their many slopes and the warm comfort of their lodge. You will receive a 10% discount on your stay when you show us your RoundTop Mountain Resort ski pass.
- TCO Fly Shop and Outfitters: TCO, Boiling Springs, offers fly fishing classes, guide services and outdoor adventure gear. They offer one day and two day fly fishing classes. TCO Fly Shop is only 4 miles from the Inn and we offer 10% discounts to customers and students.
- Wine & Brewery tour! Stay at Pheasant Field and include a visit to several Wineries and Breweries in our region. Tours arranged for 2-8 people and last 3-6 hours in a large group passenger vehicle and include snacks. Ask for details when you make your reservation.
- During your next stay at Pheasant Field B&B, we invite you to check out Carlisle’s wine shop. Castlerigg Wine Shop features an exclusive selection of Pennsylvania’s finest wines Also check out their upcoming events . See their website for more information.
- Restaurants – There are plenty of great restaurants very close Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast that appeal to a broad range of tastes and budgets.
B&B Items for Sale:
- Did you enjoy your morning coffee or tea in one of our hand crafted mugs? Our Pheasant Field coffee mugs are hand crafted by a local artisan, The Lion Potter. Mugs are available for $20, in a variety of colors: golden yellow, red, green, ‘scrambled eggs’ and midnight blue. They are beautiful and make a great gift!
- Remember the incredibly soft sheets at Pheasant Field? They’ve been described as the ‘creme brulee’ of sheets. It’s hard to forget their incredible softness. Available for sale in all sizes, you can experience the same luxurious feel each night on your bed! Ask us for pricing and details on Comphy Sheets!