Welcome to Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast
We invite you to stay at our B&B in Carlisle, PA where guests experience genuine hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Our impressive 1802 brick farmhouse is nestled on ten beautiful acres in the heart of the Cumberland Valley. Relax on our quiet front porch or listen to the sounds of nature on our large brick patio. We invite you to explore our grounds and walk the perimeter path along the horse pasture or take a stroll to our pond – home to fish, frogs, migratory birds and waterfowl. Guests are welcome to visit our flower and vegetable gardens and even collect some eggs from our free-range chickens. Go for a trail run or hike! The Appalachian Trail is a short ½ mile walk from the front door!
Your innkeepers, Kit and Robin, and their friendly loving dog, Rehab, offer a warm welcome as you pull into the driveway. You’ll be invited to make yourself at home, and every effort is made to ensure your needs are accommodated and your visit is comfortable. Wake to a delicious and beautifully presented two-course served breakfast after a restful night in one of eight comfortable guest rooms.
South-central Pennsylvania is beautiful all year long! To enjoy Cumberland County and our surrounding area fully, stay at Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast and experience the local events and activities. You will find more at the Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau website
- Restaurants – There are plenty of great restaurants very close Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast that appeal to a broad range of tastes and budgets.
- Car Shows – it’s not too early to reserve your room at Pheasant Field and attend a car show. Our rooms are sometimes reserved a year in advance. Check out the car show schedule and make plans to attend this year!
- Gettysburg Wine and Fruit Trail (GWFT) – For agritourism at its best in central PA, visit the GWFT website for wineries, orchards and other local attractions.
- And speaking of wine… Stop by Carlisle’s Castlerigg Wine Shop on South Hanover Street and experience a tasting featuring Pennsylvania wines. Castlerigg offers a menu of small plates to accompany your vino, a variety of indoor & outdoor seating and a gift shop!
- Gourds – Yes, really! Who knew? Carlisle’s Meadowbrooke Gourd Farm turns gourds into works of art. Tour the farm, take part in a class or shop to find the perfect gift.
- Fishing – Carlisle and the surrounding area is home to some of the best trout fishing in the country thanks to the limestone bed streams.
- Hiking – If you like to hike, you’re in luck. The Appalachian Trail is a short 10 minute walk from our front door! Also nearby is the 11-mile Cumberland Valley Rails to Trail – which spans from Shippinsburg to Newville.
- Performances – Do you enjoy dinner theatre, mystery dinners and musicals? Allenberry Playhouse season opens in March and runs thru the holiday season.
- Antiques – Carlisle and the Cumberland Valley provide many opportunities for antiquing. Visit the Cumberland Valley website for more information:
- Bicycling – ask us about our day trip routes and our overnight packages.
- PA Farm Show Complex and Expo Center Events – click here to visit the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center website
B&B Items for Sale:
- Did you enjoy your morning coffee or tea in one of our hand crafted mugs? Specially made by a local potter, our Pheasant Field mugs are available for $20 and come in yellow, red and green.
- Remember the incredibly soft sheets at Pheasant Field? They are available for sale in all sizes and will feel lovely on your own bed! Ask us for pricing and details!